Join Asian Family Support Services of Austin (formerly SAHELI) for our annual 1000 Cranes for Peace project! Every year, the Central Texas community collectively builds an origami art installation while helping families find peace from abuse. This year, our goal is to build the largest origami crane installation yet!
Architecture, Art & Activism
For every $10 raised, an origami crane will be added to the art installation. For this year's project, we have partnered with Urban Jobe Architecture and Jobe Fabrication to capture the energy and spirit of the project and turn it into an interactive art installation to be unveiled at the end of June.
GET INTO THE FOLD on March 20th and 21st through Amplify Austin!
This year, we have partnered with Amplify Austin to launch 1000 Cranes for Peace. You now have the opportunity to participate in 1000 Cranes through the 24 hour Amplify Austin campaign. Not only will you kickstart the coolest origami project in town, but get to participate in the largest community fundraising event of the year!
For every $10 you donate or raise through through Amplify Austin, a personalized crane with the donor or honoree's name will be added to the installation. For more impact, Start a Flock of Cranes and have friends and family help your Flock grow by creating a fundraising page!
For 24 hours, from 6 p.m. to 6 p.m. on March 20 and 21st, over 450 Austin nonprofits - including Asian Family Support Services of Austin (Formerly SAHELI) - will be working hard to crank up the giving and help raise $4 million for all of the great non-profits in Austin.
Wait, it even gets better! Come join us at Komé Sushi Kitchen for a little crane folding party during lunch time on March 21st. Drop by, grab some lunch, get into the fold, do a little giving and help us raise awareness!
Join us for the Launch
There are several ways to join us!
Go to Asian Family Support Services of Austin's Amplify Austin page and
- Schedule your donation in advance; and/or
- Start your own personal fundraising page; and/or
- Amplify your donation by donating between the hours of 3 AM-4 AM on March 21st to help us raise an additional $1000 bass booster prize!
- Worried about not getting up in time to donate? Call or email Melaina Wilkin at 512-358-6318512-358-6318 x 216 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can participate; or
- Join us Friday, March 21st from 11-1 at Komé Sushi for a little crane folding party and eat some sushi. We'll also be taking sponsorships onsite; and
- On March 20th & 21st help spread the word by sharing our Facebook posts and our Tweets about Amplify ATX.