AFSSA’s Therapeutic Counselor will be responsible for providing culturally-grounded and trauma-informed ongoing therapeutic counseling services for Asian and immigrant survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence and sex trafficking. Holistic services provided will consider cultural, language and religious dynamics that are traditional barriers to the Asian and immigrant community in fully utilizing available community resources to ensure safety and well-being.
This position will directly report to the Client Services Program Director.
Required knowledge, abilities, and skills:
· Licensed by the state of Texas to provide mental/behavioral health including Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
· Minimum 2-4 years of professional post-graduate culturally grounded clinical experience providing therapeutic services to traditionally underserved populations
· Experience providing mental health services to adults, adolescents and children utilizing various modalities
· Experience in trauma-informed service provision
· Knowledge of mental health classifications/DSM-V
- Salary $37,000-40,000 plus health benefits
- Valid U.S. work permit
Please send cover letter and resume to AFSSA at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 14234, Austin, TX 78761. For more information, visit www.afssaustin.org No phone inquiries. Detailed job description attached.